Click Here to Apply!

Applications for the 2022 Tucson Fringe Festival are open from July 1, 2021, and close September 1, 2021. The festival dates are January 13-16, 2022. Our lottery party where we chose shows for the festival (we literally draw names from a hat) is September 2021. Be sure to watch Facebook for a live video of the drawing. Find out who which shows are picked for the festival before anyone else.

What Do Performers Need to Know?

We have three options this year for performers; live in-person shows, live on Zoom, and pre-recorded shows on YouTube. Each option has different requirements and different benefits.

Live in-person shows mean you live in or travel to Tucson and perform at one of our live venues just like the old days. Each show must be between 45 and 60 minutes. All performers will have 15 to set up and 15 minutes to strike their shows. We ask for a one-sentence description and a longer description of your show. We understand some aspects of your show may change, but please have a complete idea for your show before applying. If your show is chosen and everything about it has changed, we will still need complete descriptions of your show.

Live on Zoom shows mean you can stay home (wherever that is anywhere in the world. Yes, really anywhere.) and perform your live show virtually online. Each show must be between 45 and 60 minutes. Zoom shows require less tech but we do ask that all performers involved have a mic and video check 15 minutes before the show to ensure a perfect start to your performances. We ask for a one-sentence description and a longer description of your show. We understand some aspects of your show may change, but please have a complete idea for your show before applying. If your show is chosen and everything about it has changed, we will still need complete descriptions of your show.

Pre-recorded shows on YouTube means you make a recording before our festival and send us video of your show and we upload it to our YouTube channel for all to see. For these videos, each show must be between 10 and 60 minutes. Videos must contain original music. YouTube will point out which songs in your video are copyrighted and tell us, so don’t use any copyrighted music. There will be a deadline for when videos can be submitted. These videos are still drawn from the hat just like our other shows and we only choose a select number. We ask for a one-sentence description and a longer description of your show. We understand some aspects of your show may change, but please have a complete idea for your show before applying. If your show is chosen and everything about it has changed, we will still need complete descriptions of your show.

More details are asked in the application. If your show is chosen, we will have follow up questions based on the needs you requested for your show. This may include your housing needs if you are coming from out of town or technical needs we may not be able to accommodate. Venues and show schedules will get finalized in the fall before the holidays.

Alters in the 5th District. January 2020. Photo Credit Scott Griessel

Click Here to Apply!

How Much Will It Cost?

Our application fee is $20. Get $5 off your application fee by emailing us a short video (30 seconds to one minute) of you talking about why you’re applying to Tucson Fringe, what you like about Tucson Fringe or Fringe Festivals in general, and agree to let us use a portion of your video for future marketing. Send the video before Sept 1st to tucsonfringe@gmail.com. You can pay the application fee through PayPal.

Our registration fees vary this year and are not due until you’re chosen by lottery in early September and you’ve signed your contract. It covers venue, tech, front of house, marketing, etc. In return, you receive 100% of ticket sales from live in-person shows, 80% of ticket sales from live Zoom shows with the other 20% covering Zoom and ticketing fees (we literally get no money from that 20%). Pre-recorded YouTube shows have $0 (free) registration, however you will receive no ticket sales as this content is offered for free to our audiences. Your registration fee is determined by the number of performances you want during our festival. One Night Only live in-person (one performance) is $75. Double Header live in-person (two performances) is $120. Triple Threat live in-person (three performances) is $200. One Night Only Zoom live (one performance) is $50. Double Header Zoom live (two performances) is $70.

Click Here to Apply!

The Pajama Party Monologues. January 2020. Photo Credit Jeff Snyder.